Last week I was fortunate to host my dear mother and sister in Geneva from Thursday to Monday. And for once I live in an enough big apartment to give them their own room...!
They came like Santa Claus with tons of gifts: Swedish meat soup, split pea soup, dark bread, chai tea powder from Espresso House, like 2kg of lösgodis (biggest bag of candy I've owned!) and of course some Marabou milk chocolate. There is no better milk chocolate in the world! Cadbury's is the closest you get...
Anyhow, I did take on the role of nice and warm welcoming host and took them out in the summer warm night for a Libanese dinner on Thursday, serving the by far tastiest char grilled lemon chicken!
Their Friday was spent getting some heavy pink colour (Sweden had still not seen much of spring...) and then taken out for Italian at the standard place Da Paolo by the lake.
The hot and sunny Saturday started with take-away breakfast from Starbucks in the form of a Mocha Frappuccino! Felt like good ol' school summer hols! And then we headed towards the border. Brilliant really, you're in France in about 15 minutes... 10 more minutes and we reached final destination: Yvoire!
![]() |
| Yvoire |
![]() |
| The Castle |
The finishing of the day in typical Swiss tradition back in Geneva: fondue and Swiss wine!









No comments:
Post a Comment