Wednesday, 14 September 2011

A day on the lake

Hmmm...here's an old post I found. Unfinished. Unpublished. Forgotten. However, the event itself is not forgotten so I thought I'd finish it. I guess there just is some meaning to everything , no?
_ _ _ _ _

On a Sunday, some time ago we had the great opportunity to go on a traditional Lac LĂ©man boat. It is the only one left of its kind and has been renovated and is operated by volunteers. 


It used to be used for transporting wine and other beverages and groceries to France for several hundred years, and is very flat and large-surfaced to accommodate as much cargo as possible.



Still most of the snow left on the alp tops...beautiful views!
 Lucky for us, it was an amazing early summer day in the end of May, with clear blue sky, gazing sun, and the year's first sunburn!
View of Geneva and Jet d'Eau

No comments:

Post a Comment