In November/December I had the great pleasure of going to China for 1 week for work, and stayed a few days extra for fun! Brilliantly chosen dates, this was exactly the same time as Europe stood still due to snow, and I was enjoying some lovely 20C.
I spent most of the time in Shanghai, based in the French Concession. My days were mostly full of work, but I also managed to get to do all the other obligatory and less obligatory stuff:
- midnight foot massages at Dragon fly spa
- eating lots of weird things
- having clothes made up for me
- bargaining for pressies back home
- buying loads of tea flowers and chopsticks
- dinner at M on the Bund (legendary place)
- visit the Peace Hotel on the Bund
- visiting a water town
- going on a super fast train
- see total capitalistic manic shopping in the luxury malls
- having my picture taken by Chinese (probably ended up on many Chinese Facebook pages featuring how odd and weird I looked). I honesty felt I stood out so much anyways, so said "s***w it" and wore high heels and all!
Shanghai - from my room (Former French Sports Club):
Shanghai - French Concession - Old Town:
No comments:
Post a Comment